1 teaspoons granulated sugar
1 package 1/4 oz active dry yeast
2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 1/4 cups milk
2 tablespoons milk
4 cups flour
2 cups confectioners sugar
4 ounces cream cheese
1 10-oz jar blueberry preserves
- combine 1/4 cup warm water, 1 teaspoon granualted sugar and the yeast; let stand for 5 minutes.
- using an electric mixer, beat the butter with the salt and the 1 1/4 cups milk and the remaining 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar until fluffy.
- gradually add the flour at low speed. transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead for 2 minutes .
- place in a greased bowl and turn to coat. cover and refridgerate overnight to let rise.
- preheat the oven to 400. take the dough out of the refrigerator. grease a 9 X 13 inch baking pan.
- on a floured surface, roll our the dough into a 12 by 16 inch rectangle. spread the blueberry preserves on the dough, leaving a 2-inch border. sprinkle the fresh blueberries on top of the blueberry preserves.
- roll up lengthwise and seal the edges. slice into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces and place in the pan cut sides up.
- bake until golden-brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- using a electric mixer, beat the confectioner's sugar, cream cheese, and the remaining 2 tablespoons milk.
- top the rolls immediately with cream cheese icing when fresh out of the oven.