1/3 cup dijon mustard
4 oz gruyere cheese slices
3 ham slices
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 cup whole milk
4 tablespoons gruyere, emmental, or cheddar cheese, grated
good sprinkling of worchestershire
- spread the mustard on the bread slices and make sandwiches with the gruyere and ham slices. cut each sandwich in half making 2 triangles from each sandwich.
- tightly pack the sandwiches in a baking dish approximately 10 1/2 by 8 1/4 inches and 2 inches deep.
- beat together the eggs, salt, and milk and pour this mixture over the sandwiches.
- cover the dish and refrigerate overnight.
- the next morning, preheat the oven to 400 and take the dish our of the refrigerator and remove the cover.
- sprinkle the grated cheese and worchesterchire over the dish and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.