1 stick butter
1 1/4 c brown sugar
2 c flour
1/4 ts salt
1/2 c dr. pepper
2 ts vanilla
1 c candied cherries, chopped
- preheat oven to 375 and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- in a large bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter, add the sugar, and beat until light and fluffy. add in the egg and mix until well incorporated.
- sift the dry ingredients together and add to the creamed mixture alternately with the dr. pepper, starting with the flour, then the dr.pepper, and finally the remaining half of the flour, mixing slowly.
- add the vanilla and cherries and blend well
- drop onto the prepared cookie sheets and bake in oven preheated oven for 10 - 12 minutes, until browned.