prep time: 20 min
total time: 20 min
serves: 8 servings
1 ¾ pounds green beans, trimmed
1 tablespoon plus 1 ½ teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 large shallots, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
¾ cup chicken stock
2 teaspoons cornstarch
8 ounces cremini mushrooms, trimmed and sliced 1/8 inch thick
1/3 cup 2% greek yogurt
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- bring a large pot of water to a boil. blanch beans until tender, about 6 minutes. drain.
- meanwhile, heat 1 ½ teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. cook shallots, stirring occasionally, until tender and just starting to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. transfer shallots to a small bowl and wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
- whisk together stock and cornstarch. heat remaining tablespoon oil in skillet over high heat.
- cook mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 6 minutes. reduce heat to low; add shallots.
- whisk in stock mixture. cook until thick, about 3 minutes more. remove from heat.
- stir in yogurt and 1/2 teaspoon salt; season with pepper. toss in beans. serve warm.