1 jar apricot preserves
1/3 cup pecans
1 package hot roll mix
3/4 cup warm water
3 tablespoons sugar
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1/4 teaspoon rum flavoring
2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- in a blender or food processor, combine the canned apricots (with juice), the jar of apricot preserves and the pecans and blend until well mixed.
- dissolve the yeast from the hot roll mix and the warm water in a large bowl for 5 minutes.
- stir the egg and sugar into the yeast/water mixture. add the hot roll mix and mix well.
- knead on a floured work surface for 2 to 3 minutes. place in a lightly greased bowl.
- cover with a kitchen towel and let rise for 30 to 45 minutes.
- divide the dough into 3 equal pieces and shape each piece into a ball.
- roll 1 ball into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. fit onto a greased pizza pan and brush will 2 tablespoons of the melted butter and sprinkle with 1/3 of the filling.
- repeat step 7 with with remaining 2 pieces of dough and the remaining filling.
- place a 2-inch glass, open side down in the center of the layers and press lightly to score. cut the layers into 16 wedges, starting from the outside edge and ending at the circle. twist each wedge 5 times.
- let rise for 30 to 45 minutes. preheat oven to 375.
- bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes (until golden brown).
- in a bowl, combine the confectioners sugar, rum flavoring and the milk and mix well.
- drizzle the glaze over the warm coffee cake.