04 January 2009

chicken bellini

for those of you who don't know me, I hate to throw out food. most of the times that I come up with new recipes, it is just to keep from having to throw out something.  well, this recipe is no different.  I realized this morning that I had a little bit of champagne left from new years eve.  it had been in the fridge unopened since then, so it wasn't good for drinking anymore.  I came up with this recipe to use the rest of the champagne, and it was wonderful!  we had it with some whole-wheat couscous and the blue cheese vinagrette salad again.  it was actually a pretty healthy meal without really meaning to be, and it tasted amazing!


chicken bellini

2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
2 bone-in chicken breasts
2 cups champagne
2 cups frozen peach slices
  1. pre-heat oven to 350.  in an oven proof pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.  add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes.  add in the chicken to the pan and brown on all sides.
  2. pour the champagne in the pan and add-in the frozen peach slices.
  3. cover and bake in the pre-heated oven for 90 minutes.  remove from oven and serve. see, wasn't that easy!

No comments: