3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons orange marmalade
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1½ cups whipping cream
4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
¼ cup sliced almonds
- Place chicken between two-sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap and flatten using meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients. Place in a shallow dish, reserving 1/4 cup mixture. Add chicken to dish; cover and chill 1 hour (optional). Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Cook chicken in 1 teaspoon hot oil in a skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove chicken, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Add reserved 1/4 cup marinade mixture and chicken broth, stirring to remove bits from bottom of skillet. Stir together cornstarch and water; add to broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Stir in marmalade and next 4 ingredients. Return chicken to skillet; spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with almonds and cook 8 minutes until sauce thickens.