18 February 2009

cookies from my twitterfriend @nikkimk

I talk a lot on my the water is fine blog about my friends that I have made on-line and how in many ways I feel closer to them than to the one's I have in real life.  this is just an example of why.  I came home yesterday to find a box on my front porch from my twitter friend nikki.  inside were these wonderful homemade toffee cookies that she had made for me since I was nervous about my surgery and she knew I would be out for a while.  she had told me that she was going to make cookies for me, but when I saw the box on my porch, it brought tears to my eyes.  I could not believe that this person who has never met me "in real life" would think that I was special enough to take the time to make and send cookies to me.  the cookies themselves are delcious (this picture does not do them justice), I am truly blessed to have her as a friend!

No comments: