12 March 2009

lunch today at crickets

mike and I decided to go to crickets (a local bar and grill here in waco) for lunch today.  we hadn't been there in a while, but they always have great lunch specials and we were in the mood for something different.

once we took a look at their menu we decided that we really needed to eat here more often, there were just so many good things to choose from, we had trouble deciding.

mike opted for the pit burger and sweet potato fries.  the pit burger was, in mike's words "ridiculous".  it was a burger topped with pulled pork, bbq sauce, cheddar cheese, pickles and cole slaw.  that may sound like a lot, but remember we are in texas and we like to do things big.  I tried some of the pulled pork and it was out of this world good and I noticed on their menu, that they have the pulled pork available for take-out by the pound!!

I opted for the monte cristo and sweet potato fries.  I really like monte cristo's, I mean, it's a fried sandwich, what is not to love.  I've had some ok monte cristo's and some great ones and this one was pretty good!

No comments: