08 October 2008

pralines and beignets

I love new Orleans food and one of my favorite things there is café du mondes beignets. After an unsuccessful try at making beignets at home the other morning, I went to café du mondes web-site and saw that they had a mix that I could order from there site, so I ordered a box along with New Orleans Classic Desserts cookbook and a box of aunt sally’s pralines. The box came in today and I have already eaten one (OK, three) of the pralines and looked through the cookbook. The pralines are just as good as they are in New Orleans and I have already started tagging recipes that I want to try after flipping through the cookbook. I am waiting (very impatiently) for my fry daddy (aka, Michael) to make me the beignets, I will let you know how they turn out.

No comments: