19 October 2008

blender mac and cheese

I love macaroni and cheese and until recently, it wasn't something that I tried to make myself. I have perfected a wonderful mac and cheese recipe (it has blue cheese in it, doesn't that just make your mouth water) and I will share that recipe with you later. but when I am feeling lazy, I make my version of nigella lawson's mac and cheese recipe from her nigella express cookbook. this recipe is really good and really easy!

blender mac and cheese

8 oz macaroni (cooked and strained or uncooked if fresh pasta)
lard or butter for greasing pan
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup whipping cream
8 oz ricotta cheese
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch or couple of grates of nutmeg
2 cups coarsely chopped and 1/2 cup grated cheese (I use sharp cheddar and colby-jack, but you can use whatever your favorite cheese is)

1. pre-heat ther oven to 425 and grease with lard or butter a 10-inch baking dish (wide and shallow is best for lots of crispy edges)
2. in a blender, put the milk, whipping cream, ricotta cheese, eggs, salt, nutmeg, and chopped cheese and pulse until blended
3. pour a thin layer of the blender mixture into the bottom of the prepared dish
4. pour all the macaroni over the blender mixture in the dish
5. pour the remainder of the blender mixture over the macaroni
6. top evenly with the grated cheese
7. bake for about 10 to 15 minutes until it is bubbling and beginning to brown

serves about 4, enjoy!!

No comments: