1 medium russet potato, peeled and cut into ½ inch dice
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 teaspoon salt
½ red bell pepper, seeded and diced
4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped into small pieces
1 fresh tomato, seeded and finely chopped
6 large eggs
½ cup heavy whipping cream
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
dash of tabasco
- preheat the oven to 350. line 12 muffin cups with paper liners and generously butter the liners.
- melt the butter in a medium skillet set over medium heat. add the potato, onion, and ½ teaspoon of the salt; sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. add the red pepper and sauté for 15 minutes longer, continuing to stir occasionally. cook until the potato is fully cooked, but not mushy. remove the vegetable mixture from the heat and stir in the bacon and tomato.
- whisk the eggs, cream, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, the pepper, and the tabasco together in a large bowl. Stir in the vegetable mixture.
- pour the mixture evenly into the muffin cups (the egg mixture may almost reach the top, which is ok.)
- bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes. lightly shake the pan; if the omelets look or feel runny in the middle, bake for 5 minutes longer, until firm. serve warm.