8 ounces soy nuts (dry roasted edamame)
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 teaspoon butter
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons baking soda
- butter (or spray with cooking spray) two sheets of waxed paper (or a spliat mat if you have one).
- combine the soy nuts with the cayenne pepper and kosher salt in a small bowl
- combine sugar and corn syrup in microwave-safe 1 ½ quart bowl, stir well.
- microwave on high 4 minutes.
- stir in seasoned edamame, microwave high 3-5 min until lightly browned (golden).
- add butter and soy sauce; microwave mixture one minute
- stir in baking soda until foamy
- quickly pour on prepared waxed paper and let cool
- once the brittle has cooled, break it up into pieces and store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.