2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups finely chopped pecans
¼ cup sugar (you can use red or green to make these festive)
1 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
- pre-heat oven to 325.
- in a large mixer bowl, combine all ingredients except powdered sugar. beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (3 to 4 minutes).
- shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls.
- place 1-inch apart on cookie sheets.
- bake for 18 to 25 min. or until very lightly browned.
- dust with powdered sugar.
- cool on pan for 15 minutes and then move to cooling rack to cool completely.
- roll in powdered sugar when cool. makes about 4 dozen.