16 December 2008

snowball cookies

these are usually one of first cookies that I make at christmas. most years, I end up making a second batch because I have eaten almost all 4 dozen of these cookies before I finish the rest of my treats. one word of advice though, don’t start eating these when you are rolling them in the sugar (I usually lose at least half a dozen that way.)


2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups finely chopped pecans
¼ cup sugar (you can use red or green to make these festive)
1 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
powdered sugar
  1. pre-heat oven to 325.
  2. in a large mixer bowl, combine all ingredients except powdered sugar. beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (3 to 4 minutes).
  3. shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls.
  4. place 1-inch apart on cookie sheets.
  5. bake for 18 to 25 min. or until very lightly browned.
  6. dust with powdered sugar.
  7. cool on pan for 15 minutes and then move to cooling rack to cool completely.
  8. roll in powdered sugar when cool. makes about 4 dozen.

No comments: